Randstad IT Security Engineer in Melville, New York
IT Security Engineer
date posted:Wednesday, June 13, 2018
industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
IT Security Engineer
Safeguard the organization's computer networks and systems by planning and carrying out security measures which monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from unauthorized access and cyber-attacks.
1. Validates applicable information security design considerations are appropriately included in all new and existing Northwell Health computing environments.
2. Builds, configures and maintains all information security technologies.
3. Configures and troubleshoots security infrastructure devices.
4. Develops and documents application/system specific security hardening guidelines.
5. Reviews and validates that network infrastructure and endpoint device configurations comply with the latest industry standards and framework (i.e. HITRUST, NIST, HIPAA and PCI-DSS).
6. Provides Level 3 support for the IT Security technologies.
7. Recommends security enhancements and upgrades to Northwell Health's network, infrastructure and application environments.
8. Engineers, implements and monitors security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
9. Identifies and defines system security requirements.
10. Proposes computer security architectures and develops detailed information security designs and controls.
11. Designs, implements and supports security tools and services to enforce and maintain information confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
12. Performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor's Science Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or Technical Security certification or degree (e.g. CISM, CISSP, CNA etc.), required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience in an Information Services role.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools, required.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols, preferred.
- Hands-on Engineering experience with more than one of the following security technologies : Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Content Filtering, Two-Factor Authentication, Email and Endpoint Encryption, Email and Endpoint Protection, Network Access Control, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention, Netflow Monitoring, SIEM Solutions, DDoS, Active Directory / ADFS / Single Sign-On, Public Key Infrastructure / Certificate Services, required