Randstad IT-Business Systems Analyst III in Woodland Hills, California
IT-Business Systems Analyst III
Woodland Hills, CA
US$ 55 - US$ 57 per hour
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Description** Only local candidates OR Green Card holders OR US Citizens****
4 IMPORTANT THINGS TO HAVE IN RESUME TO BE QUALIFIED:
1. At least 3 years experience in a "core" Business Analyst role. Meaning, not just someone who has done Business Analysis tasks within the framework of projects or worked with Business Analysts. We want to emphasize that they have been in the specific role with experience in the cre
2. Experience in multiple SLDC methodologies (RUP, Iterative, Agile, etc) as a BA is versus only having worked in a single process is desired. Shows adaptability as these positions may ask them to do similarly.
3. Prior Insurance industry experience is good. Specifically a Personal Lines (Auto/Homeowners/Umbrella) carrier is better. Specifically in the Product or Distribution areas is best.
4. Having worked directly with business/end users to gather requirements versus other business side Business Analysts (not sure if this is something you can divine from resumes or not) or anything else that demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with non-technical people.
Working hours: 8am-5pm
- A Business System Analyst (BSA) is the face of IT and is the primary interface with the Business. A successful BSA acts as a trusted partner to the business team to elicit and understand business needs to provide efficient solution options, and challenge assumptions to develop business insights and eliminate ambiguity.
- A successful BSA should have strong business acumen to understand the business strategy, customers' objectives, processes, and products in order to make educated recommendations.
- A strong BSA understands enterprise technology to drive technology solution in collaboration with architects and SMEs. Working with development and testing team to deliver a high quality software product
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Works with Business and other stakeholders in defining project scope and business requirements by using various elicitation techniques.
- Develops functional and non-functional specifications including the standard BSA artifacts like uses-cases, scenarios, screen specifications, screen mockups, and interface/reports specifications, Business process models (uml/bpmn) etc.
- Facilitates stakeholder review sessions and sign off process
- Supports the application subject matter experts (SMEs) in the development of estimates
- Supports application testing team by creating testable functional requirements and reviewing/suggesting test cases.
- Supports project implementation by participating in software shakeout activities.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Performs assessment of risks, dependencies and constraints from scope and requirements prospective and works with the project manager to manage the project risks.
- Supports the project manager in preparing requirements related milestones and schedules. Tracks and reports requirements progress and status.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.