Randstad Manufacturing Engineer (2nd Shift) in Watertown, Connecticut
Manufacturing Engineer (2nd Shift)
US$ 60,000 - US$ 80,000 per year
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionProvide direct support to operations, production processes, maintenance and safety
Designs, develops, tests, sources, cost justifies various tools, modifications, fixturing,
machinery and equipment for production to increase safety, throughput, quality, capacity,
Manage the completion of those projects from conception through evaluation,
justification, purchase and implementation.
Provide general supervision to outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, PLC
programming, construction, plumbing, HVAC, building, etc.) to resolve material and/or
equipment problems, research and implement upgrades, new tools and operating
Works with Operators, Supervisors, Maintenance and QA department to improve processes
and troubleshoot equipment repair and maintenance.
Champion continuous improvement projects to enhance safety, productivity, quality,
reliability, capacity and processes.
Create and execute project plans and work with all levels of the organization to meet project timing
Work closely with Applications Engineers to ensure manufacturability and cost effectiveness of new
Provide well-defined process prints and PFMEA documentation in accordance with TS16949 APQP
Ensure all projects are launched with lean principles. Support new programs and cost improvement
projects after launch to achieve 95% operational availability and efficiency and zero customer issues.
Working hours: 4pm-12pm M-F
Job Requirements (Recommended):
- BS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering and 5 years'
- Knowledge manufacturing processes such as machining, stamping, broaching, piercing,
welding and precision assembly.
- Problem Solving Skills using proven techniques (ie. Shainen, DOE, Six Sigma, 8D, 5 Why,
- Must have demonstrated project management experience involving large projects, new product
introductions and/or capital equipment purchases.
- Organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and self-initiate
- Experience with cost analysis, PFMEA, technical writing, blueprint reading, statistical analysis and
- Demonstrated knowledge of tool design, gage design, and fixture design.
- Computer skills include demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft office and CAD
- Working knowledge of plant/facilities engineering, electronics, pneumatics, engineering
controls, engineering standards, cost estimating, product and process rationalization.
- Demonstrated understanding of process capabilities, materials and requirements as well as
business awareness to bring a project from quoting stage to production.
- Broad-base knowledge of Lean Manufacturing including 5s, Kaizen, Kanban, Poke-a- Yoke, Process
Mapping and Value Stream Mapping
- Track record of success with continuous improvement projects.
- ISO or TS16949 experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.