Randstad Sr. Database Administrator in Troy, Michigan
Sr. Database Administrator
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
The Database Developer is responsible for designing and maintaining database solutions for new and existing applications. Additional responsibilities will also include maintaining and supporting the company s enterprise data warehouse (EDW), as well as writing reports and creating dashboards to extract, analyze, and aggregate data for managers and senior stakeholders. This is an enterprise role in both maintaining and reporting on a variety of data, primarily healthcare, however, it may include HR, finance, etc. We are looking for a well-rounded professional with solid relational and object-oriented database management experience, analytical ability and a solid team player.
· Design and maintain database solutions for new and existing projects by understanding the business requirements
· Develop and maintain database structures that utilize database architectural standards (normalized tables, primary keys, foreign keys, events, triggers, etc.)
· Write scripts to create, optimize, and maintain databases, tables, constraints, functions, stored procedures, indexes, and triggers.
· Provide primary support for the organization s data repositories and will be responsible for requested SQL reports
· Work with managers of each functional area to identify and prioritize data information needs and requirements
· Create clinical and financial reports to user specifications using commonly available report writing tools and queries for SQL databases
· Identify reporting requirements and writing and optimizing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and views to extract the information, trends, or patterns contained in the data
· Validate the results of SQL queries with end users, and present the data in an intuitive and visually appealing way, which may include tables, pie charts, bar graphs, or other diagrams
· Assist with the import and export of data from third parties
· Support and troubleshoot issues
· College degree in technology or healthcare related field preferred
· 3-5 years of IT experience
· 3+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Additional Skills Preferred:
· Experience with healthcare data and regulations
· Working knowledge and experience in Qlikview analytics platform
Excellent communication skills are necessary as there are several teams and business owners regularly involved with development projects.
Must be motivated and able to work independently without needing the constant attention from the other members of the team, excluding the development manager that they will have to work closely with. Must be comfortable working on tight deadlines and schedules.