Randstad Forklift Mechanic in Spring Hill, Tennessee
Spring Hill, TN
US$ 14 - US$ 15 per hour
Monday, October 10, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
The primary function of the job is to carry out preventive maintenance and repairs of companies forklift equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. The maintenance department and forklift shop employees are considered to be part of the same team and may from time to time work together.
- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
- Interpret manufacturer s technical manuals in order to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
- Steam cleaning of equipment, pit, forklift wash areas and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Complete legible service documents and submit timely.
- Learn new technical information and techniques in order to keep abreast of changing technology.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver license to operate the forklift transport truck.
Working hours: 2nd and 3rd shifts
Self-directed with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Self-directed with ability to work effectively under pressure and stress.
- Detail oriented and accurate, with ability to learn and adhere to procedures.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Sound mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of hydraulics and electrical.
- Ability to diagnose no starts, brake repairs, hydraulic line/hose and cylinder repair.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals, drawings and diagrams and any other technical data supplied by various manufacturers.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with follow through.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with coworkers, supervisors and others.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Good math and reading skills and write legibly.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor and/or repetitive tasks under varying working conditions.
- Constant awareness to work surroundings while driving/operating company vehicle, forklift and/or any other equipment/tools in carrying out job duties.
- Must be certified to operate a forklift
- Must be able to operate the forklift transport truck
- Excellent vehicle driving record
- Valid driver license
High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work or vocational training in a field related to job accountabilities. Three years minimum experience that includes preventative maintenance and minor repairs on a same or similar equipment/machinery; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, requirements and abilities for this job.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.