Randstad Clinical Data Analyst in Somerville, Massachusetts
Clinical Data Analyst
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
The Partners HealthCare Center for Drug Policy (CDP) provides analytical resources to support the cost-effective use of medications throughout the Partners system. Specifically, the CDP collaborates with the Pharmacy Directors and multidisciplinary teams of clinicians to meet the following goals:
-Forecast and manage the introduction of new high cost medications
-Streamline the development and implementation of select clinical guidelines
-Identify and coordinate opportunities to reduce costs
-Forecast a budget for new pharmaceutical technologies
-Prospectively review and assess drug utilization
The primary objectives for the position include:
1. Conduct analyses to assess the budget impact of new drugs to the Partners system, assess adherence to Partners policies and appropriateness of drug utilization, reimbursement by third-party payers, and other analyses to support the cost-effective use of drugs across the Partners system. This will include but not be limited to determining applicable data sources, and testing various methodological approaches.
2. Produce routine monthly/quarterly as well as ad hoc reports and presentations based on analyses conducted in 1.
3. Establish contacts and strong working relationships with committees and project leaders. Critical among these include the Chief Pharmacy Officers; P&T Committee Chairs; Subject Matter Experts; and Partners Quality Safety Value, Population Health Management, and Finance.
4. Provide project management support for Partners wide committees, this will include setting agendas, taking meeting minutes, and following up on action items from meetings.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 8:30 am - 5 pm
-Bachelor s Degree required; Master s Degree in public health with focus on biostatistics, epidemiology, health management/policy, or other related fields strongly preferred.
-3+ years experience in performance analysis or program evaluation
-Experience in health care setting desired/helpful
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
-Strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills:
-Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
-Fluency with software including SAS, Stata, SPSS and SQL strongly preferred.
-Experience using and synthesizing large transactional databases and data warehouse, clinical and claims data strongly preferred. Experience working with ICD-9 codes, DRGs, MS-DRGs, APR-DRGs and CPT codes a plus.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to present complex analyses to an array of customers and stakeholders.
-Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and projects, and meet deadlines. Ability to flex within a dynamic organization/policy environment.
-Ability to develop effective relationships with a broad array of people from different departments and organizations.
-Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and within a team
-Fast-paced environment and can be subject to tight timeframes
-Requires travel to hospitals and other worksites and office locations in varied weather conditions
Office is currently located in Needham and will be relocating to Somerville in December 2016
Please send resume/cover letter directly to Katie Stanley, email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.