Randstad MECHANIC - PACKAGING in Somerset, New Jersey
MECHANIC - PACKAGING
US$ 22 - US$ 25 per hour
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionOur Client in the Food Industry located in Somerset N. J, is seeking 2 full-time MECHANIC - PACKAGING. For 1 st. & 2nd shifts.
Company offers an excellent Health Benefits, Vacation & PTO package.
Pay is between $22 to $25 an hour depending on experience.
- Responsible for the continuous and uninterrupted functioning of all packaging line systems and equipment
- Interacts with plant and production management, and the maintenance department
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Troubleshoot and repair all packaging line systems and equipment including vertical form and fill bagging machines, rotary cartoners, weigh scales, tapers and conveyors
2. Make changeover adjustments to product bag, box size changes and to the machines
3. Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
4. Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
5. Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP's.
6. Perform preventive maintenance to ensure all packaging equipment functions properly
7. Grease, oil, clean, adjust and track all appropriate places as set forth by manufacturer's recommended PM schedules
8. Provide accurate and timely documentation of work in the equipment logbooks, communications , and verbally to coworkers during shift hand offs
9. Assist in the training of others
10. Maintain machinery to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
11. Maintain and repair all machinery such that food safety and quality is ensured
Working hours: 8 hour day, 1 weekend day
--High School education or equivalent is required
--Practical experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing all major pieces of packaging equipment required
--3-5 years experience in repairing of manufacturing packaging equipment.
--Must be able to competently adjust and repair packaging equipment in a timely manner
--Must be skilled in mechanical repair, equipment set up, preventive maintenance and equipment changeovers
-- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, properly complete documentation (daily time sheets, line changeover sheets, critical control point sheets, etc.) and equipment logbooks is essential
--Basic math and computer skills are preferred
--Willing to be trained
--Ability to read, speak, and write English is required
Please Note: Allen Bradley PLC/ Electrical experience is required.
If interested apply online at randstadstaffing.com , or call, Gene Cintron at 908-835-5219 and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.