Randstad Network Engineer II in San Diego, California
Network Engineer II
San Diego, CA
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Randstad Technologies is looking for several Network Engineer to assist our client located in San Diego for some project work. The project is scheduled for 6 months plus.
Assists in the evaluation, installation, and support of network communications equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls, and application delivery controllers/load balancers. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains routers, firewalls, switches, and load balancers
· Installs and supports MPLS WAN (multiprotocol label switching for a wide area network) and IPsec VPNs
· Contributes to the network architecture design and supports network services including domain name system (DNS) and dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP)
· Uses diagnostic tools to monitor and troubleshoot network and security systems in a large network environment
· Implements solutions to meet pre-defined requirements
· Participates in the testing and implementation of disaster recovery procedures
· Assists with the selection and implementation of network, communications, security, and system s infrastructure to match the global needs of the company
· Documents "acceptance test failures" and coordinates with vendors to correct defects
· Assists with the selection and implementation of network, communication, security, and system s infrastructure to match the global needs of the company
· Researches and recommends technologies for the development and performance maintenance of Company products
· Collaborates with colleagues in network engineering and the IT Infrastructure group on related projects as well as proof of concept projects to prove out new technologies and how they may apply to future products
· Formulates designs by working with vendors and team members
· Collects and analyzes network utilization data; generates periodic reports for management; contributes to cost and technology analysis
· Executes changes to the environment within appropriate timeframes which may include non-standard business hours
· Adheres to change management and configuration management policies and procedures
· Keeps management informed through regular communication and status reports
· Provides rotational on-call support; responds during non-business hours to calls/texts/emails via a company-issued phone and pager
· Mentors less experienced network and IT staff
· Racks and cables network/server equipment as needed
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor s degree in a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience) along with 2 - 5 + years related job experience in the duties listed.