Randstad Change Control & Release Engineer in San Diego, California
Change Control & Release Engineer
San Diego, CA
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
This position would be focused primarily on activities supporting the COLO Migration, with secondary use supporting the CM team with on-going SBI and MOB activities. This position would coordinate the CM server/application/environment configuration activities and be the contact point for testing activities. This position would also monitor the server transition to production process to ensure that all accompanying documentation is updated to reflect the changes to each application environment.
Special Skills and Certifications:
· Build, Deploy, & Release Management
· Continuous Integration
· Server configuration for Apache and Tomcat
· Unix, Linux, and AIX
· Change Management
· Tools including:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Change Control & Release Engineer position works on-site at the San Diego Headquarters for purposes of providing support to internal clients; being available for face-to-face interactions and coordination of work with other employees, colleagues, clients, or vendors; as well as for facilitation of quick and effective decisions through collaboration with stakeholders. Rotational on-call support duties as required.
Release and Deployment Management
· Prepare software releases and deploy the releases to QA, UAT, and Production.
· Maintain required release technical documentation in accord with standards
· Basic understanding of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
· Intermediate experience using source code control and build/deployment tools.
· Develop release plans for standard releases, provide input on deployment issues, assess dependencies
· Able to debug basic build and deployment issues.
· Suggest modifications to existing processes
Asset and Configuration Management (ACM)
· Use Service Management tools to maintain the CMDB - ensure new Cis are defined and captured correctly
· Follow established ACM procedures and suggest improvements
· Basic understanding of hardware and networking concepts, relationships, and dependencies.
· Ensure that approved Change Management processes are followed.
· Basic knowledge of system administration best practices and methodologies.
· Participant on the Change Advisory Board.
· Suggest modifications to the change management system
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least 2 to 5 years of direct experience. Experience consists of managing applications and/or release management, overseeing the implementation of software releases to a production environment; computer programming and software development.