Randstad Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Saint Louis, Missouri
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Saint Louis, MO
US$ 14 - US$ 15 per hour
Friday, September 30, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionLocal St.Louis growing company is seeking 4-6 shipping and receiving clerks to join their growing team! Please see below information regarding the experience my client is looking for. Hours will be 11am-8pm. This is a great opportunity so apply today or come to our open interviews on Tuesday August 16th between 9am-12pm
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
2. Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders (including manufacturing work orders) to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
3. Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
4. Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
5. Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
6. Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
7. May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
8. May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
9. Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
10. Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Working hours: 1:30PM-10PM
Current (Last six months) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
--Digital records maintenance skills.
--Experience using UPS/FedEx/for placing and tracking orders.
--Experience using RF Scan/Warehouse Management Systems.
--Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
--Knowledge of light equipment operation.
--Ability to lead and train team.
--Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
--Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify product using cycle counts.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.