Randstad Research Associate - Logistics Analyst in Saint Louis, Missouri
Research Associate - Logistics Analyst
Saint Louis, MO
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Randstad in partnership with a leading biotechnology company located in St. Louis, MO, is now hiring for a Research Associate - Logistic Analyst. If you are the selected candidate for this role, you will work with our client in the development of technology that enables farmers to grow more crops by applying biotechnology, genomics and molecular breeding technology to herbicides and seeds.
As the selected candidate for this opportunity, you will work within a Breeding Pipeline Logistics team. This position will be embedded among research and development (R&D) scientists. You should have a strong background in science and IT proficiency. You will be responsible for coordinating data to support our client s inbred pipeline from breeding programs to the lab and other key stakeholders. A desire for operational research and data science are critical needs to continue to systematize the logistics of the inbred pipeline.
Randstad has been in business since 1960, and is the 2nd largest staffing firm in the world with a presence in 39 countries. Our team is a part of Randstad s Corporate Services. We have worked with our client for over 30 years! During this time, we have developed a proven track record for placing top talent into roles that offer opportunities for both career growth and success. Randstad offer both competitive pay and benefits for this opportunity.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no relocation cost reimbursement available for the role.
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday
Required Skills / Experience:
- BS in Biology, Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or comparable work experience in Agriculture/Biotechnology
- At least three years of experience working with data in a technical or scientific environment
- Excellent Excel and relational database skills, SQL preferred
- Ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing data, spotfire and pipeline pilot preferred
- Ability to diagnose problems in IT systems
- Commitment to ensuring data quality and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and be able to work alone or as a part of a team
- Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles
- Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues
- Persistent in the pursuit of results
- Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of breeding, agriculture, and/or biotechnology.
- Experience with Spotfire, Oracle, and Pipeline Pilot
- Strong Understanding of database systems and management of large data sets.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.