Randstad Control Systems and Telematics Engineer in Saint Louis, Missouri
Control Systems and Telematics Engineer
Saint Louis, MO
Thursday, October 13, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionRandstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding NV, a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. We are looking to fill an immediate need for a Control Systems and Telematics Engineer with our client, a leader in the field of Biotechnology. Please forward CV to Cynthia.Ottens@randstadusa.com.
If you love developing innovative, groundbreaking technologies that create breakthrough products, you'll want to check out this opportunity. Seeking a talented individual to become an integral member of our Measurements team as a Control Systems and Telematics Engineer. In this role, you'll be a member of a talented team of software & automation engineers to create smarter and connected automation solutions that accelerate our business. The Control Systems and Telematics Engineer will be part of a team of top software developers/engineers to create a smart connected ecosystem of integrated research equipment that accelerates product development & creates new business opportunities. Responsibilities include selecting off the shelf network capable chipsets, code development, testing specific functionality of the product, analyzing test results, verifying fixes, providing feedback in the product design and specification process, implementation, support, and enhancement of automated system software programs used in agricultural research. This position will participate in generating engineering requirements and design reviews. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual who loves to work in a creative, groundbreaking engineering-minded environment.
Working hours: Monday - Friday
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in development of automation equipment or laboratory instrumentation (College experience in relevant course is applicable in lieu of industry experience).
- 5+ years of experience using PLC ladder logic, structured text for machine control application development. (College experience in relevant course is applicable in lieu of industry experience).
- 5+ years of integration work with off the shelf cellular, satellite, and/or other wireless technologies to provide connectivity for sensors or other devices.
- Proven track record of developing and supporting automation solutions involving machine control, I/O, and sensor feedback control loops
- Specifies and approves functional specifications and SW requirements
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure product quality & knowledge in Test Driven Development
Key competencies required for this position include a strong mechanical aptitude, confidence in communicating with all levels of management, a high degree of organization and efficiency, strong drive, excellent team skills, ability to motivate others to achieve results, customer focus, and innovative problem solving skills
- Travel and overtime may be needed
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.