Randstad Network Tester in Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock, TX
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Network Validation Tester with VMWare Experience in Round Rock, TX
9 MONTH CONTRACT
Candidate will be working on solution projects that cover NFVi solutions that include server, storage, software and networking switches. Candidate will play a pivotal role in the configuration, validation and documentation of leading edge Network Functions Virtualization solutions.
Day to Day Activities
· Participate Hands-on detailed design, test case development, validation strategy and execution, performance analysis, and debug end to end network system solution.
· System-level validation of networking solutions optimized for performance, high availability and customer use cases.
· Scripting/automation of test cases, Troubleshooting HW and SW in a lab environment.
· Defect submission, isolation, and debug.
· Deliver parts of cutting edge L2/L3, network (function) virtualization / SDN solutions on our world class products
· Oversee the execution of design and product testing in the lab and in field trials
· Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the NFV design, integration, and operations.
· Collaborates and communicates with management regarding software module design status, project progress, and issue resolution
· Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Management Information Systems or equivalent preferred, or 8 to 10 years of related experience required.
· Has a minimum 6 years of experience designing and implementing comprehensive products/solutions relevant to the telecoms and/or datacenter
· Highly skilled background in and knowledge of network protocols.
· Advanced knowledge of virtualization environment of both servers and applications along with the use of hypervisor technologies
· Strong knowledge in the functions and features in cloud / data center environment
· Strong knowledge in Ethernet protocols and Layer-2 equipment technologies including large scale Switches, Routers
· 5+ years of experience in VMWare deployment and administration, QoS, Infrastructure Virtualization, Virtual Networking, System Management, Cloud Environments
· Identify and resolve virtualization issues; upgrade software; monitor system performance; provide weekly system metrics; perform daily system checks and hotfixes
· vSphere systems administration/support (VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, VCenter, storage migrations, P2V migrations); vSphere problem determination, capacity planning, and root cause analysis; vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and EMC plug-ins; vSphere Distributed Switch, power shell, and vShield zones
· Experience configuring and deploying VMware ESX on Dell PowerEdge Systems, communicating status, and documenting processes and procedures
· Deep knowledge in telecommunications technologies, industry trends (network architectures, technologies, services) used in wireline, wireless, cable operators
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems within converged communications infrastructure
· Experience in strategic planning (network, services), transformation programs or delivering solutions for a Telco
· Experience with Network Management and Orchestration Skills
· Software Defined Networking (SDN)
· Strong understanding of OF (Open Flow), OF Config, Open vSwitch, OVSDB
· Visible OpenStack upstream contributions in any Open Stack Project.
· Demonstrated knowledge of major TIA industry standards: ETSI, ONF, ITU, TIA, TSPAN, 3GPP, IETF, etc.
· Familiarity with NVFI Foundational Software, OS, and Virtualization