Randstad Healthcare Research Analyst in Rochester, New York
Healthcare Research Analyst
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Temp to Perm
The Healthcare Research Data Analyst will support the IT and Project Management Team, and partners by preparing detailed analyses and reports to be used by internal and external department customers.
Data analytics and report generation will be based on the use of a variety of internal and client data sources.
Key Job Responsibility Areas :
Under the direction of the Director of IT and Analytics, the Healthcare Research Data Analyst will provide analytics support with minimal oversight, including developing and managing data analytics, systems design, dashboard and report development and communicating results.
· Facilitate the development of relationships within the internal office staff to design, conduct, and report on analyses and reports.
· Collaborate with, listen to, and persuade others in communicating key findings from analyses and reports.
· Lead the successful execution of timely data analytics and report creation accordance with NY State and internal timelines through collaboration with necessary key stakeholders.
· Support educational training programs on client topics (e.g. IT, reporting, performance, finance, etc.) for internal staff, physicians, performing providers and key stakeholders as necessary.
· Manage multiple assignments with a high level of autonomy and independence.
Required Qualifications :
· B.A. or B.S. degree
· 2+ years of experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets; experience with health care data sets (e.g., claims data) is preferred
· Previous work experience in a data-driven environment and querying/manipulating data is required; managed care and/or medical field industry experience preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, etc.), Advanced MS Excel, and BI/Reporting tools such as MS SQL BI Stack (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS), Qlikview, Tableau, Spotfire, Power Pivot, Data Science tools such as Alteryx or Rapidminer, R programming
· Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and research
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, milestones, and deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to learn new software as needed (e.g. State defined Reporting Portal (MAPP), web based project management systems, MS Project, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to transform raw data into meaningful and visual forms used for interpretation
· Possess a general understanding of programming packages such as SAS, STATA, etc; Possess an understanding of application programming, database and system design
· Familiarity with data cleaning, blending and parsing in Excel or preferably Alteryx Competencies
· High integrity, honesty, and openness
· Strong work ethic and tenacity coupled with a flexible approach.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Understanding of data analytics, systems design, dashboard and report development and communicating results
· Ability to answer questions with succinct, accurate and timely informatics solutions