Randstad Oracle Database Developer in Rancho Cordova, California
Oracle Database Developer
Rancho Cordova, CA
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Temp to Perm
Our client has an 8+ month contract-to-hire opportunity for a Oracle Database Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA.
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies Oracle based database applications that form a part of integrated software solutions used in local, networked, or Internet-related application suites. Work with complex data models and object relational database structures. Write database PL/SQL packages, procedures and triggers according to the business requirements. Work with a development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
70% Development, coding, testing and integration, Product architecture.- Perform database design, implementation, modification, update, customizations and maintenance based on the customer s requirements, including tables/indexes customization and PL/SQL code customization. Responsible for devising, negotiating, and defending the tables and fields provided in the database. Test and verify the solutions, analyze impact of system changes and participate in quality assurance and develops test application code in specified systems environments. Participate in ongoing application testing and support and helps to develop an understanding of client s original data and storage mechanisms. Adapts business requirements, developed by modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and develops the data, database specifications, table and element attributes for an application.
20% Documentation, training and support. - Documents and communicates database design. Evaluates and installs database management. Crystal clear understanding of relational and non-relational database principles and design techniques.
5% Requirement capture and analysis.
5% Work on multiple assignments/projects
· Minimum 3 years of experience in database development and design
· Proficiency in Oracle 10g,11g, PL/SQL
· Experience with SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Toad and/or other Oracle application tools
· Experience handling LOB objects and XML based queries
· Experience with Data Modeling tools like ER-Win
· Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl
· Proven experience developing and performance tuning large scale enterprise database applications with high transactional volume
· In-depth knowledge of various Oracle objects and PL/SQL features
· Experience in developing business scenarios, process flows/models, test cases and scripts
· Strong technical documentation ability
· Strong verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based development projects
· Bachelor s degree in computer science or related field.
· Experience with Team Foundation Server for release management and defect tracking.
· Familiarity with multiple Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, Windows)
· OCP certification is a plus
· Language Skills: Well spoken and written communication in English.
· Mathematical Skills: College level skill is required.
· Reasoning Skills: Very good reasoning, problem solving, and innovation skills required.
· Computer/Tech Skills: Knowledge and ability to use standard software required, specifically Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).