Randstad Chemical Safety Associate: EMD Performance Materials in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Chemical Safety Associate: EMD Performance Materials
US$ 20 - US$ 25 per hour
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Administration
The RA Specialist Hazard Communication supports PM by completing hazard assessments, preparing hazard communication documents (safety data sheets and labels), assisting with safety data sheet distribution, and maintaining product information systems for knowledge management and compliance assurance.
Essential responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Author and publish US and Canadian Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for the company?s commercial and experimental products in compliance with applicable hazard communication regulations.
- Understand laws and regulations governing MSDS authoring, downstream chemical distribution, and hazardous chemical management
- Develop and maintain knowledge of US, Canadian, and GHS hazard communication requirements
- Communicate with various departments to ensure detailed compositional and physical property data needed for the product?s hazard assessment are provided. Gather and review raw material health, safety, and regulatory data.
- Examine product formulation and documentation necessary for proper hazardous characterization
- Partner with toxicologist and other regulatory personnel to apply product safety and compliance information to ensure product?s hazards are adequately evaluated and addressed on the SDS and labels.
- Maintain data integrity on hazard assessments in the MSDS authoring system
- Actively participate in workflow and system development projects to continue to maintain compliance with US and Canada hazard communication regulations and related regulatory requirements
- Provide accurate and timely information to internal and external customers
- Continuously improve SDS and label processes focusing on simplicity, transparency and efficiency.
- Create and maintain product regulatory reports and documentation as required.
- Research and maintain knowledge of changing country-specific hazard communication standards and regulations.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in the natural science preferred
- This position will mainly operate in areas involving Hazard Communication.
- Experience in SAP and other US Regulations is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and process driven.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external customers in an effort to facilitate effective communication of business needs.
- Proficiency at conveying information in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Aptitude to analyze and interpret Hazard Communication regulations and compliance standards.
- Experience in executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Well-developed communication skills
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.