Randstad Quality Assurance Specialist in Peoria, Illinois
Quality Assurance Specialist
Monday, October 3, 2016
Temp to Perm
Responsible for performing tests on computer applications to identify and document issues resulting from program or system changes. Initiates test, analyzes results, and documents findings for programming staff.
· Design and execute test plans on computer applications.
· Record and document results and compares to expected results.
· Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
· Generate historical analysis of test results.
· Document anomalies and issues.
· Maintain database of software defects.
· Operate and maintain test networks.
· Provide application instructions for users
· Develop and document application test plan based on software requirements and technical specifications.
· Tests for meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
· Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards, and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
· Perform application security audits.
· Proven experience in programming.
· One year of programming experience.
· Minimum of a COBOL certificate or applicable computer science education including COBOL and commensurate programming experience.
· Bachelor s Degree in computer science or a related field.
· COBOL programming experience.
· Experience using IBM Rational.