Randstad Accounts Receivable Specialist in Peachtree City, Georgia
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Peachtree City, GA
US$ 17 - US$ 20 per hour
Friday, October 14, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Administration
This role will assist the Controller in the preparation and distribution of financial statements for internal and external purposes, relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
and records payments to customers accounts and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accounts receivable records, including editing, checking, and preparing accounts receivable entries and tabulating control statistics
- Files unpaid invoices and keeps account of cash receipts, claims and unpaid invoices
- Account reconciliation and collections
- Processes and verifies applications for credit and solicits payment on overdue accounts.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, or account statements
- Receives customer remittances and applies cash to accounts (both AR and miscellaneous). Investigates discrepancies with customer and/or departments and facilitates resolutions
- Makes debit/credit memos or AP/AR transfers when appropriate to reconcile activity
- Processes credit approvals including setting up new customers, and invoicing
- Thorough customer contact and pro-active billing and collection practices: ensure accounts over 90 days are at a minimum or zero, ensure short payment balances over 60 days are at a minimum or zero.
- Communicates with customers regarding past due balances, facilitates on time payment, report status to superiors
- Prepares collection letters and recommends third party collection and account write-off including research of customer accounts
- Processes credit card charges
- Back-up for bank reconciliations and monthly journal entries as needed
- Understands interaction between GL and subsidiary ledger
- Assist Controller in all other necessary functions as requested
- Work on assignments that require creating and maintaining Excel worksheets
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Knowledgeable in basic accounting as well as technically skilled in accounting and financial applications
- Understand interaction between GL and subsidiary ledger
- Financial Management
- Requires a high school diploma and four to six years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field.
- A degree in accounting or finance or a four year degree is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous collection experience required
Please apply to the posting for consideration and allow 3-5 business days for a response. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by phone.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.