Randstad Customer Service / Cashier in Palo Alto, California
Customer Service / Cashier
Palo Alto, CA
US$ 13 per hour
Monday, October 10, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionRandstad is looking for energetic and hard working candidates to work ASAP!!! This big box retailer is looking to fill many position and has the high probability of converting to a permanent employee. Don't pass up on the opportunity to work in a fast pace environment with one of America's largest retailers!!!
Here's what you'll do as a retail associate:
- Greet customers quickly and warmly as they enter the area - let them know you're glad they're there
- Provide outstanding customer service that's sincere, enthusiastic, and professional
- Maintain a great attitude that reflects our commitment to the customer
- Qualify customer needs, figure out what's right for them, and help them get it through one of our shopping channels - either in store or online
- Share your knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Recommend additional merchandise that complements customer selections
- Use our in-store technology and tools to enhance the shopping experience: this make include Search and Send, the mobile app, Buy Online Pick Up in Store, and more (don't worry - we'll train you!)
- Use point-of-sale and mobile point-of-sale systems to process customer purchases (we'll train you on these, too!)
- Handle returns with courtesy, ease, and professionalism
- Be at work and be there on time - your team is counting on you!
Working hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
You don't necessarily need retail experience or a degree, but you'll need to be a self-starter with good time management skills, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. And a few other things:
--Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
--Basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and ability to use a calculator
--Possess a strong sense of urgency
--Enjoy meeting and working with customers
--Comfortable with technology, such as point of sale registers
--Have a love of learning
--No experience required, just a great attitude!
You'll be on your feet a lot - this job involves a lot of moving and standing (at least two consecutive hours). You'll need to be able to lift at least 30 pounds, and may occasionally need to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, and reach above eye level - it's not cardio, but it's a lot of movement! The job also involved close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.