Randstad CNC Machine Operator in North Hollywood, California
CNC Machine Operator
North Hollywood, CA
US$ 18 - US$ 24 per hour
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
Under the general direction of the MACHINESHOP/ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR or supervisory designee, the MACHINIST will set up and operate a variety of machine tools (including CNC) to produce precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also assemble, fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics,
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers
- Determine/Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Travel - As needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires intermittent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working hours: 8-6
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- High school diploma/GED or an equivalent number of verifiable number of years of education and production maintenance experience
- At least 2 years of manufacturing experience, strong hydraulic, mechanical and industrial skills
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.