Randstad Technical Writer in Normal, Illinois
US$ 15 per hour
Friday, September 30, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
We are seeking a diverse set of sub-contractors to aid in the facilitation of delivering high quality, professional, innovative and informative documents to its diverse portfolio of customers, as well as potentially working with us on the design and content of internal materials. Depending on demonstrated abilities and areas of expertise, sub-contractors may be tasked with, but are not limited to:
- Working to plan once projects have been clarified, roles and responsibilities determined, and timeframes set.
- Cradle to grave support on customer safety newsletters
- Writing and revising rule books for various industries and customers
- Designing and revising course participant and facilitation guides
- Creating and updating handouts to be used, customer specific meetings and workshops
- Ghost writing safety memos, articles and documents for customers
- Developing marketing materials
- Proofreading and revision of various internal and external written reports and articles
- Transcribing flip charts and notes from workshops and meetings
- Graphic Design support on work products
Working hours: Flexible hours as needed
We are looking for proactive individuals who work well with others, anticipate needs, set good priorities, and are naturally curious and interested in continuous growth.
Candidates need to have 3-5 years' experience and/or a Bachelor's degree in technical communication (or equivalent). Intermediate or mastery skill of all Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Professional is required. InDesign and Photoshop experience is preferred.
Specific Applications We Use
--Adobe Creative Suite
Audience analysis, process writing (brainstorm, draft, review, gather feedback, revise, polish), collaborative writing, writing in multiple genres, organization of ideas with language, writing to learn, word choice, situational awareness/purpose, logic path, active voice, perspective, consistency, correctness all around, development of Writers' Notes to Reader, giving and receiving feedback
Communication skills; media literacy
Tactical, smart use of language-oral and written, in person and virtual on all levels and across all relevant media-to progress targeted and relevant incidental growth of knowledge, skill, and ability (KSAs)
To be considered for this part time position, please fill out an online application at www.randstadstaffing.com or send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.