Randstad Civil Litigation Paralegal in Norfolk, Virginia
Civil Litigation Paralegal
US$ 15 - US$ 16 per hour
Friday, October 14, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionWe are currently seeking a Litigation Paralegal with a growing Global Operation headquartered in Norfolk, VA.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to the following):
- Research and resolve disputed legal accounts.
- Record, audit, review and process legal bills.
- Maintain certain General Counsel corporate and other in-house records.
- Answer all inquiries by attorneys, Offices of Attorneys General and state regulatory agencies.
- Negotiate and approve Settlement Offers in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Assist with licensing/bonding data base, organizing litigation materials and in litigation management as well as managing defense counsel invoices/billing.
- Compile and maintain spreadsheets.
- Maintain an opinions and compliance notebook/database.
- Comply with all aspects of the Fair Debt collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies across areas of organizational responsibility
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Prior Paralegal or legal secretary experience required
-Civil litigation experience and some experience with drafting pleadings.
- Degree in legal studies, law, paralegal studies and/or combination of education and experience preferred
- Litigation and pleading preparation experience preferred
- Prior legal collections experience a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision and meet tight deadlines
**If you are interested in this position, please apply online at www.randstadstaffing.com.
KEY TERMS: Legal, Paralegal, Writing, Research, Law, Litigation, Discovery, Pleading preparation
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.