Randstad Payroll Tax Specialist in Newark, Delaware
Payroll Tax Specialist
Monday, October 10, 2016
Randstad Finance & Accounting
Great project opportunity in Newark DE for a Payroll Tax guru.
The Payroll Tax team oversees the tax filing obligation for the employees and the employer payroll tax reporting. The team has overall responsibilities to ensure the company withholds and reports to the various agencies the payroll taxes for all employees, as well as the tax obligations.
The Business Travel Compliance Specialist will report to the Global Business Travel Compliance Officer, and be responsible for providing the highest quality tax compliance support to our senior customers by analyzing, researching, and resolving questions/inquiries via cases received from accessHR. Cases may be forwarded to the HR Case Management Advisor from accessHR or entered directly into the Case Management system by the Advisor. Interpret tax information to ensure employees are correctly taxed for payroll payments. Remain current on all federal, state and local payroll tax updates. Work tax cases to completion, within the service level agreement, ensuring the client s needs are satisfied.
· Support the corporation s global payroll tax compliance, in adherence with federal, state, and local laws, ensuring the inclusion of best practices
· Interpret Global Business Travel tax calculations processed by third party vendor which includes applying Foreign Exchange rates and various calculation methodologies
· Review & perform Global Business Travel tax calculations processed by third party vendor applying Foreign Exchange rates and various calculation methodologies
· Perform in-depth research, analyze, and resolve employee tax inquiries that have been logged into the Case Management system efficiently and thoroughly
· Keeping current on tax releases through communication with KPMG, EY, and other tax experts
· Resolve tax errors for on-cycle and off-cycle payrolls
· Attention to detail and the ability to handle complex resolution accurately and timely
· Manage cases meeting both volume and quality service measurement standards
· Communicate ideas and contribute to the tactical development of the department and corporate goals
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
· 3+ years Multi-State Payroll Tax experience, Multi-State Payroll Tax background preferred, or equivalent
· 3+ years Integrated Payroll System experience, Integrated Payroll System (SAP, PeopleSoft, ADP) is preferred, or equivalent
· 3+ years experience in at least one of the following:
o Call Center/Customer Service Environment
o Payroll Administration
o Benefits Administration
o Human Resources
o Tax and/or Accounting/Finance
· Strong communication skills: ability to effectively and professionally communicate with corporate HR professionals and executives.
· Strong analytical and technical skills
· Demonstrated customer service skills: strong customer service ethic, strong interpersonal skills, professional telephone ethic, and the ability to calm and diffuse irate customers by following procedures.
· Strong ability to quickly absorb product knowledge and process information and apply appropriately to meet customers needs.
· Superior attention to detail and tenacity to follow through and resolve outstanding issues
· Strong organizational skills and able to multitask, meeting multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment with changing and competing initiatives
· Developed written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management
· Demonstrated Microsoft Suite experience with strong Excel skills
· Must be both a team player and a self-managed individual, with ability to work in a virtual environment
· Flexibility, creativity, and resourcefulness