Randstad Business Development Manager in New York, New York
Business Development Manager
New York, NY
US$ 65,000 - US$ 80,000 per year
Monday, October 3, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Salary: $65 - $80 K plus 12-20% bonus
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our client in the Travel industry. The purpose of this role is to grow North American clientele by developing relationships with untapped markets. This is a client facing role which will also be responsible for business propositions, segmenting the market (e.g. - special interest groups) and running campaigns. This is a work from home opportunity however all candidates must reside in the tri-state area. You will be required to attend occasional meetings in their Jersey City, NJ and Manhattan, NY office locations.
- To achieve and exceed sales targets for all owned key accounts
- Take ownership to develop and grow direct and specialist group business
- Manage key account head office relationships resulting in maximized sales revenue
- Maintain up to date knowledge of market intelligence and competitor activity and pricing
- Work a predetermined portfolio of agents and report on the calls
- Support sales, marketing and training strategies
- Develop product knowledge through training and creative communication and making sure the products are accessible and easy to sell
- Maintain complete knowledge of the wide range of products, services, systems and management information
- Maintain regular communication and share learning with all global BDMs as well as the Reservation, Product and Marketing teams
- Monitor and control cost of sale items such as brochures, joint marketing activity, promotions, etc.
- Contribute to departmental compliance with company as well as industry guidelines
- Keeping well prepared for client meetings - knowledge of relevant client information, brand split, product breakdown, etc.
- Plan and escort travel agency educational trips
Working hours: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
--Excellent presentation skills
--Proven ability to negotiate and successfully execute commercial agreements/contracts
--Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
--Proficiency with CRMs (Salesforce, Access, etc.)
--Strong literacy and numeracy skills
--Excellent communication - written and verbal
--Strong attention to detail
--Ability to empathize with others while protecting the best interests of company
--Strong business acumen - ability to turn down bad business propositions
--Team oriented mindset
--Clean driving record
--Must hold a valid US Passport
--Must be willing to travel up to 90% of the time
If you are qualified for this role, please apply to this posting and email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "BDM".
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.