Randstad Merchandise Coordinator in Mount Arlington, New Jersey
Mount Arlington, NJ
US$ 15 - US$ 20 per hour
Monday, October 3, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Our client located in Mt. Arlington is seeking a temporary Merchandise Coordinator for a 6 month project.
The position will support the Product Manager in developing a productive and timely assortment of a particular line of products. In the role, you will work closely with our Vendors as well as our Planning and Quality teams. The successful applicant will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, have a passion for working in teams, and have relevant experience in merchandising and/or product development.
- Assist in the development of insights through monthly competitive shopping and analysis of category and item level sales performance.
- Weekly review of sales.
- Ensure compliance of relevant categories to the Trade Mark and Registration system on a weekly basis.
- Daily response for the planning, receipt, and approval of vendor samples.
- Coordinate and maintain product approval, contract and royalty reporting files on a monthly basis.
- Work cross functionally with Product Manager, Planning and Store Operations team to communicate big ideas, provide samples/photos as needed on a weekly basis.
- Meeting preparation and organization of samples and documents twice a season.
- Own all aspects of sample organization with monthly purge sessions
Working hours: 8-5
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
--Knowledge of Merchandising and Product development best practices
--Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
--Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly MS Excel)
--Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all aspects of the business
Qualifications and Competencies
--Degree level qualification in Merchandising, Product Development, Design or other relevant discipline is preferred.
--Minimum of 2 years experience in Merchandising and/or Product Development.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.