Randstad Tech Writer 5 - 20096 in Mequon, Wisconsin
Tech Writer 5 - 20096
This job is for an experienced technical writer to work full-time in our Mequon office in a department with other technical writers. This position is part of a team environment where the candidate must be comfortable interacting with other writers and SMEs. The candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week; and start the workday at 8:00 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Create technical publications for end users of Allen-Bradley PowerFlex AC drives equipment and/or Allen-Bradley Kinetix servo drives and motors.
• Develop technical publications that accurately document product information:
o Selection criteria, features, and options
o Technology, performance, and safety
o Installation, programming, and operation
o Troubleshooting, maintenance, and disposal
• Work with a variety of personnel in marketing, engineering, quality, and other functions to gather and understand source information.
• Interpret, organize, and verify product data to develop publication content.
• Follow style guidelines so publications have a global perspective and are optimized for translation.
• Conduct publication content reviews and obtain approvals per department standards.
• Under the guidance of others; release publications to manufacturing, print vendor, and company web site.
• Manage project schedules and day-to-day priorities. Submit status reports to manager.
• Track and record working time that is spent on publication projects.
• Receive assignments from manager. Engage with co-workers to learn procedures, and become familiar with products and/or technologies.
• Promptly report problems or concerns to the department manager and/or team leader.
Demonstrated experience in technical communication with at least 5 years of experience focused on creating customer-facing publications for industrial equipment, electronics, or software.
• Demonstrated ability to create multi-chapter books using Adobe FrameMaker
• Demonstrated ability to perform light editing of engineering drawings to create technical illustrations (Adobe Illustrator-proficient preferred)
• Experience with online help (Author-it, RoboHelp) is advantageous, but not required
• Industrial control background is a real plus: programmable controllers, AC motors, drives, starters, servo drives, servo motors
• Familiarity with electrical units and specifications
• Must be able to provide samples of past work to be considered for
Job Ref: 20096