Randstad Machine Operator Helper (2nd/3rd Shift) Downtown Memphis $10/hr in Memphis, Tennessee
Machine Operator Helper (2nd/3rd Shift) Downtown Memphis $10/hr
US$ 10 per hour
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionThe Machine Operator Helper will be responsible for assisting the Machine Operator in the areas of loading the machine, coating, coloring, printing and/or converting. This position is responsible for the production of valuable, defect-free products that meet or exceed our customers' expectations. The Machine Operator Helper will be successful in this position by executing to standard work and adhering to all company policies. The goal of a Machine Operator Helper is to learn the machine and become a machine operator in 1 year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform production equipment set up, clean up & operation
- Weigh, catalyze & mix coatings
- Operate material handling equipment
- Follow detailed written product specifications
- Perform in-process inspection
- Perform operator level Quality testing to maintain product quality
- Perform roll changes using material handling equipment
- Maintain quality standards while meeting daily & weekly production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Identify gaps & process improvements proactively
- Cross train in other departments & equipment
- Support Lean Daily Management & Key Performance Indicator tracking
- Adhere to Attendance, Safety & other Company policies
- Maintain accurate paperwork, labeling, packaging and material transactions.
- Complete general housekeeping duties
- Maintain safe working conditions in the department
- All other duties as assigned
Working hours: 2nd & 3rd Shift
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Basic computer skills E-mail, Microsoft Office, and Data Entry
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Ability to bend, twist & reach to perform job duties
- Flexible in schedule to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to receive internal certification to operate lift trucks
- Ability to read & follow written directions
- Detail oriented, strong work ethic & a positive can do attitude
- Desire to learn
- 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment
To be considered you must attach a resume when applying to this job posting. All shifts are on 2nd or 3rd shift and you must be flexible to work either shift.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.