Randstad Compounder/Mixing Operator in Memphis, Tennessee
US$ 17 - US$ 18 per hour
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionEmployee will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
Operating mixing machines, agitator tanks, kettles, and related equipment to compound and process ingredients according to formula to make powdered, liquid, paste or chemicals products. Weighs ingredients and dumps, pours, pumps or shovels them into machine, take or kettle. Responsible for turning controls to achieve specified temperature and add ingredients during mixing cycle. Tests solution for specific gravity, viscosity, ora acidity using testing devices. May pump mixture throught homogenizer to prepare emulsions or thorough filter press to remove impurities. May drain procut into other machine units or into storage tanks. Employee is noted to produce approximately 10 batches per day. This will require to obtain ingredients to produce the batches. Pre-mix bags are noted to be approximately 50 lbs each and will use 2-3 bags per batch. Employee will push a cart with approx 25 lbs of force to work area less than 25 ft. Will then use overhead pully with approx 5 lbs of pull pressure to assist in mixing the ingriendents. Employee will move drum pallet with assistance to floor jack. Four drums are used in each batch making the total moved for the shift 20. Employee will remove trash which is anticipated at 40lbs approximately 3 times per shift. Employee can walk 2 flights of stairs (15-20 stairs each flight) or take an elevator to work station. Employee will perform drain clean out which requires to remove filter overhead which weighs approximately 15lbs. This is performed 5 times per day. Employee will also to trough cleanout four times per day with shovel lifting approximately 15 lbs.
Working hours: 6:30 - 6:30
1. Mix actual chemicals involved in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
2. Weight and add ingredients to mixing equipment in accordance with established formulas and procedures.
3. Handle heavy bags and drums.
4. Operate mechanized mixing equipment.
5. Control temperature, consistency and other characteristics of precuts in formulation stage.
6. Constantly observe and note equipment operation and product behavior for any deviation from normal. Must know proper action to be taken in case of deviation.
7. Maintain equipment in clean, sanitary condition. Perform equipment cleanouts and special sanitation as required.
8. Perform minor equipment adjustments and repairs as directed.
9. Follow all FDA and EHS policies and procedures that relate to assigned job.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.