Randstad Quality Assurance Manager in Lancaster, Ohio
Quality Assurance Manager
US$ 60,000 - US$ 70,000 per year
Monday, October 10, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionOur client is a national services company that is seeking Quality Manager for its state of the art, climate controlled operation in Fairfield County, Ohio.
Hours & Pay Rate:
1st Shift $55,000 - $60,000
- Assure the strict adherence and compliance to all manufacturing and production processes.
- Manage the sampling, inspection, testing and release of all finished products.
- Manage adherence to total product specifications. This includes formula, process parameters, packaging specifications and adherence to specific customer specifications associated with their SKU as needed.
- Directly or indirectly develop and manage the oversight for plant sanitation and pest control programs.
- Develop and train personnel and overall managerial capabilities for self, subordinates, and direct reports while supporting the development of internal learning & development programs, PPE's and PIP's.
- Assure that a quality system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with quality standards and communicate the status of the quality system to management.
- Analyze QA data to measure, access and improve product quality performance.
- Assure compliance to specification on incoming ingredients, in-process conditions and finished products.
- Communicate compliance results to operating groups, ensures timely feedback and provides technical support to operate processes at target.
- Track and manage all weights and measurement devices for compliance.
- Assure the ongoing reduction of quality attribute variation utilizing SPC methodology to improve the acceptance of our products by our customers and consumers
- Establish appropriate Quality Assurance goals and develop metrics to effectively measure departmental and quality system results. Distribute quality trend data at periodic intervals, including first pass yield. Prepare and present reports for Management review.
Working hours: 1st Shift
--Exceptional supervisory skills which include ability to prioritize, lead, direct, train, and motivate staff.
--Ability to assess organizational quality skills and provide training.
--Understand manufacturing processes and be able to interface in a positive manner with management and team members of all levels to achieve the organization's objectives.
--Experienced in sampling plans, statistical techniques and SPC.
--Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
--Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to summarize and communicate results clearly.
--Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
--Ability to lead and effectively participate in teams.
--5+ years of Management experience in Quality Assurance, Regulatory, R&D, and/or other related field in a manufacturing environment.
--4 years demonstrated managerial experience.
--Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Food Science or related technical discipline is required.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.