Randstad Production Manager in Jacksonville, Florida
US$ 50,000 - US$ 60,000 per year
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionLong standing, local Southside company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced production manager to join their team. The ideal candidate would have the following experience in:
- Supervise 90+ manufacturing associates
- Manage plant production through supervision of production department leaders.
- Maintain high level of customer service through J.I.T. production and product quality control.-
- Manage inventory control; work in process and finished goods.
- Establish Lean production practices.
- Customer orders shipped on time and complete.--
- Improvement in labor cost/sales ratio.
- Maintain high level of worker safety.
- Ability to supervise Associates and Team Leads in an effective manner
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
- Work out and implement standard operating procedures for production operations
- Set product quality standards
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Implement cost control programs
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management
- Estimate production costs
- Set production budgets
- Manage production budgets
Working hours: 6:00AM to 4:00PM
--Must have Previous Sheet Metal Manufacturing Experience
--Must possess 10+ years in a production/manufacturing setting with proven success in sheet metal manufacturing and material resource planning.
--Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
--Understanding of OSHA health and safety standards and compliance
--Ability to coach and train a diverse team effectively
--Clear and concise verbal and written Communication Skills
--Ability to build an environment that fosters teamwork
--Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
--Experience with scheduling in a production environment
--Knowledge of raw materials
--Knowledge of quality systems and standards
--Knowledge of process improvement techniques
--Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
--Knowledge of machines and tools
--Proficient in Microsoft Office
--Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices a plus
--Knowledge of business, finance and management principles
--A bachelor's degree - business administration,--- management, engineering, industrial technology a plus
--Critical thinking and problem solving skills
--Planning and organizing
--Coordination and control
--Attention to detail
--Influencing and leading
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.