Randstad Medical Billing Specialist in Jacksonville, Florida
Medical Billing Specialist
US$ 16 - US$ 18 per hour
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionRandstad is searching for BILLING SPECIALIST for one of our valued clients in Jacksonville , FL (32216). This is a permanent position, paying between $16 and $18 an hour (based on experience) The hours for this assignment are Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. This position will support the Billing Manager in insurance verifications, authorizations, billing and all other insurance aspects of operations.
- Enters Commercial and Tricare and client co-payments into software.
- Assists with verifying insurance benefits for all new Commercial and Tricare Clients using programs such as Availity, Navinet and via telephone.
- Assists Insurance Specialist with obtaining and updating authorizations for both Commercial and Tricare clients via telephone, fax, and online programs such as Availity and My HMHS (Tricare), and with Outpatient Treatment Requests. Authorizations tracked and Mental Health, Speech, Occupational Therapy, Window of Opportunity, ECHO/DEMO, ABA, and medical services.
- Tracks authorizations for both Commercial and Tricare clients using Excel spreadsheets and billing charts.
- Assists with rebilling of Tricare and Commercial claims via MyTricare.com and software.
- Answers insurance-related questions, handles insurance-related issues for internal and external customers via e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face.
- Researches and follows up with insurance companies on claim denials.
- Serves as front desk back-up by assisting with front office duties including answering phones, scheduling, greeting clients, data entry, copying, faxing, filing, and other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience with insurance billing
-A billing specialist that is familiar with the ICD-10 codes and working A/R.
Working hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Must be able to accept constructive feedback.
- Must be able to organize and manage time and manage multiple tasks.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with other employees, clients, and their families as well as the general public, across all age groups, including but not limited to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, and adult populations.
- Ability to demonstrate professional behavior by adhering to organizational policies and procedures, and assuming authority appropriately.
- Must maintain adequate personal grooming consistent with professional appearance.
- Must pursue education or training necessary to perform at the level of competence required to incorporate the hardware, software, technologies, and ideas relevant to specific job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of normal/abnormal growth and development throughout the age continuum.
- Ability to provide, assess, interpret, and communicate age-specific data (in response to treatment protocols).
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.