Randstad Operations Specialist in Itasca, Illinois
US$ 38,000 - US$ 47,000 per year
Friday, October 7, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionRandstad is representing a Logistics company located in Itasca, IL. This position requires 1+ years of logistics experience with possibilities to move up into various areas of the company; including but not limited Business Development, Customs Brokerage - if you are determined to succeed, this logistics company is committed to guide you!
Duties and responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in prioritizing and scheduling domestic, air, ocean shipments and arrange customer's shipment pick-up and deliveries
- Communicate with overseas offices to obtain information necessary to service the file
- Follow up with service vendors on billing
- Review and enter transportation details into internal computer systems, such as shipment details, identification of appropriate truck carrier, air carrier or ocean vessel assignment, routing details based on origin and destination, transit times, load or container equipment requirements, transport party information, etc.
- Coordinate with domestic, air, ocean carriers, cargo terminals and/or CFS stations, overseas' offices for freight availability and release, and perform proactive follow up to ensure on-time pick up or delivery of freight
Working hours: 8-5 pm
Ideal Candidate must have these qualities:
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- International minded - open to variety of cultures and countries
- Detail oriented, well organized and be able to multi-task
- Proficiency and/or Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Must be Spanish speaking, due to the need in the position (heavy phone call and correspondence for our Mexican trade lane).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.