Randstad Incident Management Consultant in Hopkins, Minnesota
Incident Management Consultant
Monday, October 10, 2016
Temp to Perm
This function coordinates the processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs.
Monitors environment health and the facilitation of high severity incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity.
This function also includes those who operate and monitor computer and peripheral equipment.
Coordinates the efforts of all functions to complete scheduled jobs in a timely manner.
Documents all problems (hardware, application, facility, etc.) and takes corrective action as required.
Interfaces with other departments as required.
- Performs incident management, service restoration, and/or change verification activities.
- Prioritize incidents based on defined ITSM priority definition and guidelines.
- Help drive risk prevention, awareness, and team accountability, helping identify and raise awareness for incidents that may breach or may have incorrect Severity levels assigned.
- Effectively communicate awareness, issues, alert confirmations and status, to team and other areas.
- Utilize documentation, associated topologies, change activity, monitoring tools, and expertise to monitor and validate overall environment health providing higher-level support for support groups with respect to critical applications health.
- Perform manual application and portal test to ensure systems are available and functioning. Complete check-out of all critical applications to identity possible business impact.
- Utilize HP monitoring tools and any non-HP monitoring tools for troubleshooting and alerting.
- Acknowledge, validate, and correlate monitoring alerts. Proactively monitor and trend component/application/product performance and degradation.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks.
- Translates concepts into practice.
-Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues.
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others.
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Undergraduate degree, High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
Software skills are needed:
Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer
Top 4 Job Qualifications:
3+ years IT Operations experience
3+ years IT Customer Service experience, i.e. Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
3+ years Solving moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses.
3+ years incident management experience, i.e. Drive service restoration, prevention & reporting and documentation of incidents.