Randstad Supply Chain Commodity Specialist III @ Haworth in Holland, Michigan
Supply Chain Commodity Specialist III @ Haworth
US$ 25 - US$ 34 per hour
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Temp to Perm
Randstad USA Administration
Description- Perform supply chain strategy.
- Identifies supplier quality, delivery, and service issues.
- Monitors supplier corrective action and coordinates supplier development.
- Identifies and eliminates waste from supply chain.
- May develop and manage sources of supply for medium-risk commodities.
- Assists with development of supply chain sourcing strategy and manages supplier alliances for commodities, including supplier evaluation and selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing supplier performance and relationship management
Working hours: 8:00 - 5:00
- Analyzes supplier performance, using Haworth systems (i.e., Advanced Manufacturing Accounting Production System [AMAPS]; Baan; Enterprise Maintenance Planning And Control [EMPAC]; Systems, Applications, Processes [SAP]; Quality Information System [QIS]; or Non-Conforming Material [NCM]), to identify supplier issues, initiate corrective action, and track performance
- Manages supplier base and supply chain to assure lead time, quality, and on-time complete delivery meet objectives
- Assists with development of commodity supply strategy, based on market trends, benchmark data, and feedback from Supply Chain personnel, Planners, Operations, Product Engineering, Quality, suppliers, and others as needed, to ensure management of supplier alliances
- Assists with sourcing and procures material, equipment, and services worldwide to support requirements for quality, delivery, innovation, and costs
- May work with Logistics and other areas to deal with foreign currencies and customs
- Assists with developing selection criteria, negotiating major commodity contract terms and conditions, and evaluating suppliers, including site visits to suppliers and potential suppliers, to ensure Supply Chain performance, including supplier quality, delivery, and cost. Initiates corrective action when required and works with suppliers on ongoing basis to fully develop Supply Chain Management metrics, process, and procedures
- Utilizes costs analysis, target costing, and other techniques to manage pricing by exercising effective use of company funds in acquisition of assigned commodities and equipment in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.