Randstad MAINTENANCE BUYER in Harvey, Illinois
US$ 18 - US$ 23 per hour
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
DescriptionRAPIDLY GROWING MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NEED OF A MAINTENANCE BUYER! OPPORTUNITY WILL GO FAST!
1st Shift M-F 7AM-3PM
- Purchase all replacement and spare parts and supplies for the operations teams(s) in a systematic and cost effective manner.
- Establish relationships with strategic suppliers of parts and services.
- Assist the Manager in the development, and maintain efficient and orderly stores of, all spare parts and supplies.
- Maintain an accurate costed perpetual inventory of all spare parts.
- Learn and serve as a "deep user" of the company CMMS program software and support the TPM process by performing:
o Master item set-ups
o Update system for all activity: receipts, issuance, w/o generation, w/o completion
- Guide and develop maintenance staff in the use and functionality of the CMMS.
- Organization of inventory (parts, supplies, tools) to ensure optimum efficiency of the work force.
- Prepare reports and graphs as required by the Maintenance Manager for the effective communication and tracking of key metrics.
- Participates in projects as requested by management
Working hours: 7AM-3PM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
--Computer Managed Maintenance Systems (CMMS)
--Hands on experience in maintenance and equipment (understands the terminology and able to interface with electricians and mechanics)
--Experience with inventory management/control systems and transactions
--Working knowledge of either Lean manufacturing, Toyota Production System, or TPM
--Experienced and effective negotiator
--Good verbal and interpersonal skills and likes to teach others
--At least 3-5 years of progressive experience in a high volume high automation manufacturing environment.
--CMMS experience (Microsoft Navision a plus)
--Experience in 5S, Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Production System (CMRP or TPM certification or interest in becoming certified is a plus)
--Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and vocabulary.
--Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
--Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
This is an ideal position for maintenance personnel desiring a transition into a staff departmental supporting role.
If you fit the above requirements and you are looking for an exciting new career please email your updated resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with "Buyer" in the subject line
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.