Randstad Logistics Export Assistant in Garden City, New York
Logistics Export Assistant
Garden City, NY
US$ 15 - US$ 17 per hour
Monday, October 3, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Randstad has partnered with an international logistics company that has been in business for 75 years. In the next two years, this company will triple it s size in the United States alone. Their Long Island office is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant in their Ocean Freight department that will be providing direct support to the department manager. The ideal candidate will be able to handle confidential materials and thrive in time sensitive situations. This is a temporary position with the possibility of going permanent. . The position is paying $15.00 to $17.00 per hour and interested applicants should apply as interviews will be happening this week.
What s In It For You?
- Competitive salary compensation.
- Casual Friday attire.
- Free parking.
- Family oriented enviroment.
- If permanent position is offered: Medical, Dental and Vision packages, 401K, Short & Long term disability, Life Insurance equal to yearly salary, excellent PTO plan.
- Supporting the Ocean Freight department with all administrative duties as needed.
- Scanning shipment documents, filing paper documents as needed and ensuring all scanned files are logged properly.
- Reviewing all invoices for accuracy and proper payment.
- Communicating with customers as needed via email and phone.
- Data Entry in Excel and Lotus Notes.
Working hours: 8:30AM to 5:00PM
- Minimum of 2 Years of Administrative Experience, preferably with Freight Forwarding background.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience with Lotus Notes a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a professional and articulate demeanor.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Additionally, send your resume referencing this position to Edwin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are happening immediately as the position is looking to start by October 10th.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.