Randstad Mechanical Engineer III in Framingham, Massachusetts
Mechanical Engineer III
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Randstad, in partnership with Bose Corporation, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer III for their Consumer Electronics division. At Bose we pride ourselves in providing extraordinary sound quality for our customers. In many of our Home Entertainment products sound quality is the primary focus. As a Mechanical engineer, you will work with interdisciplinary development teams, taking an active leadership role in designing world class consumer products. You will use your rich technical knowledge, your deep understanding of engineering fundamentals to conceive, design, prototype, develop, and deliver outstanding products that wow and delight our customers. You will also help setting milestones, budgets and schedules for your projects and for other projects inside the development team. As a senior level contributor your ideas, concepts, and assessments will directly influence the product platforms and strategies of our business segments.
- Translate electronic platform requirements into working systems for software development and product development teams.
- Select, specify, and evaluate electro mechanical components as necessary
- Evaluate design options through CAD modeling and release appropriate data to support teams
- Engage and negotiate with support groups as necessary (PCB Layout, and Library part creation)
- Closely co-operate with product, platform, mechanical, and SW engineers to select the best design for the test platforms and products in development.
- Support manufacturing PCB prototypes, test platforms, product prototype builds and continuous engineering
- Ensure the highest level of quality for the test platforms and products
- Plan development schedules & key milestones for your efforts
Working hours: 9-5
--Proven track record of designing high quality products
--Methodical and scientific approach to any technical problem
--Finding solutions for vibration and thermal issues in electronic products
--Fluent in the Windchill product data management system, and the NX CAD tool.
--Excellent verbal & written communication skills, comfortable with detailed technical specifications
--Passion for product quality
--BS in the Mechanical engineering
--Experience in working with in-house and off-shore manufacturing & vendors
--5 years of direct product development experience
--Experience with contract manufacturing and far-east vendors.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.