Randstad HR Generalist in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Fort Lauderdale, FL Salary:
US$ 75,000 - US$ 90,000 per year Date Posted:
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Randstad Finance & Accounting
· Conduct weekly new hire orientation in partnership with the other HR Generalists.
· Manage full cycle recruiting efforts for staff level positions to include posting positions through ATS, searching resume databases, reviewing resumes, screening applicants, coordinating and conducting interviews, presenting and negotiating offers.
· Conduct pre-employment and post offer process for all new hires - sending offer letter/new hire paperwork, starting the background check/education verification, setting up drug test appointments and following up on results, opening new hire tickets.
· Partner with the team to coordinate company events and celebrations to include Birthday and Employment Anniversaries, Holiday Party, Holiday Gift Drive, Take Your Child to Work Day, Annual BBQ and Miami Warehouse Tours.
· Partner with all functional departments in the company to ensure proper handling of issues and concerns within the guidelines of the established Progressive Discipline Process.
o Partners with/escalates issues the HR Director to come to resolution.
· Manage the quarterly Performance Appraisal process in Success Factors to include the quarterly launch and following up on overdue appraisals with Management to ensure timely completion.
· Create Personnel Action Forms (PAF) upon Manager request and in accordance with the Quarterly performance appraisal launch. Payroll Coordinator to assist.
· Coordinate and conduct Exit Interviews and report/summarize the results to the HR Director.
· Develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with employees and managers in order to successfully mediate and resolve employee relations concerns and grievances.
· Complete and verify I-9 paperwork in E-Verify system according to established guidelines.
· Manage bi-annual I-9 Audit and implement/manage system for compliance with I-9 retention.
· Schedule and track FMLA leaves in accordance with corporate guidelines using CareWorksUSA FMLA tracking software system.
· Support department wide or company-wide special projects and additional responsibilities as they present themselves whether annual (Benefits Open Enrollment, Service Awards, etc.) or spontaneous.
· Backup the Payroll/HR Coordinator on payroll processing and processing Master Data change requests in SAP. Will be cross-trained in all payroll functions with and serve as backup to HR Coordinator in the event of absence.
· Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll, benefits and time off inquires in person, via phone and email in a timely fashion (within 24 hours).
o If inquiry cannot be answered within 24 hours, request should be acknowledged within that timeframe.
· Remain knowledgeable, ensure compliance with and answer general inquires with regard to company policies, procedures and programs which govern employees, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook.
· Develop and maintain employee recognition programs.
· Submit approved employee tuition reimbursement requests to accounting and maintain tracking spreadsheet.
· Compose and distribute division wide emails in regards to policies, procedures, events and other items.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors degree is required.
· At least four years of work experience in a HR environment is required, preferably in a Generalist role.
· At least one year of experience in Recruiting is required.
· At least two years in Employee Relations issue resolution is required.
· Experience in Supply Chain Management and Information Technology is strongly preferred.
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are required.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills required (Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Experience with an HRIS is required, SAP is preferred.
· Experience with and ATS is required, Taleo is preferred.
· Must be a team player and energetic.