Randstad Lab Technician - Seed in Filer, Idaho
Lab Technician - Seed
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionRandstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding NV, a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. We are looking to fill an immediate need for two Seed Lab Technicians with our client, a leader in the field of Biotechnology. The focus of their research is to develop technology that will enable farmers to grow more crops by applying biotechnology, genomics, big data and molecular breeding. Please forward CV to Cynthia.Ottens@randstadusa.com.
Wheat Doubled Haploid Laboratory Technician
Though the position is coded as temporary, the position is eligible for working up to 40 hr/week, though part time schedules can be accommodated. The length of this position is flexible and dependent on performance and work load.
The majority of the employee's work will be in a laboratory environment. The employee will be responsible for numerous tasks required to maintain efficient production in a biotechnology lab. The main responsibilities of this position will be:
1.Basic operations for the production of doubled haploid wheat, including microscopy and tissue culture techniques.
2. Maintenance and preparation of laboratory supplies and function, including media preparation, care for working equipment, and logging data through bar code scanner systems.
3. Laboratory upkeep and cleanliness including maintaining a sterile work environment.
4. This position may require some greenhouse work, including caring for plants, transplanting, watering, and working with green and dried wheat plants.
Working hours: Regular Business Hours
1) Ability to perform repetitive tasks requiring high dexterity, visual attention, and care;
2) Able to work in a diverse, team-oriented environment;
3) Responsible, self-motivated, and organized work ethic.
4) Ability to lift 30 lbs and work in standing and sitting positions.
5) Ability to work with dry and potentially dusty wheat plants
6) Ability to work independently when needed, following all safety and procedural protocols.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.