Randstad Manufacturing Engineer - Seating Operations in East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Manufacturing Engineer - Seating Operations
East Greenville, PA
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Responsible for the development and implementation of office seating systems, conduct design reviews and coordinate integration of design from all support groups (trim, foam, structures, mechanisms and plastics. Analyze product specifications and requirements so as to develop manufacturing solutions using predefined design matrix. Evaluate new seating systems for Safety, Performance, Ergonomic and Quality concerns. Manage all new and existing seating Products relating to fixture and tool design, Process Layouts, Equipment procurement, installation, Process stabilization and CI initiatives.
- Develop manufacturing plans to meet customer deliverables
- Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis of seat system, identify deficiencies and recommend corrective actions for incorporation to Product Development
- Resolve product manufacturing issues using multiple problem solving methods
- Apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) to components and assembly drawings and conduct tolerance stacks-up for tooling and assembly equipment purposes
- Support product validation testing and conduct post-test design for assembly analysis
- Document design changes and ensure all parts and drawings are released and maintained according to the Bill of Materials
- Support program financial targets and cost reduction initiatives by providing Manufacturing Engineering support during product launch and post-launch phases
- Responsible for leading the implementation of seating process improvements and changes that ensure safety, improve product quality and reduce cost
- Create and maintain Process flows, PFMEA and Control Plans
- Provide technical and advisory support for Manufacturing, Quality, Product Development and develop processes to maximize production throughput
- Develop methods of utilizing common features across seat variants
Working hours: Full time
--Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical engineering or demonstrated equivalent experience
--Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience in an office seating manufacturing environment
--Knowledge of assembly processes, semi-automated and automated cells will be a plus but not required.
--Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and translate collected information into actionable solutions
--Advance skill in MS Office including: MS Excel, Words, Outlook, Projects and PowerPoint
--Working knowledge of GD&T
--Ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple projects
--Occasional travelling to customer or supplier sites will be required
To get started with the interview process today...apply to the ad, and email your resume to Maria.Lehman@RandstadUSA.com, you can also call us at 215/679-1489.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.