Randstad Senior Analyst - Inventory Control and Logistics in Dublin, California
Senior Analyst - Inventory Control and Logistics
US$ 65,000 - US$ 75,000 per year
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionRetail healthcare company in Dublin is looking for a Senior Analyst for the Inventory Control and Logistics team. This company is looking for a qualified candidate for a permanent position that is reporting to the Senior Manager of Planning and Logistics. This individual will be responsible for:
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user using the most efficient mode of transportation;
- Work with 2 North American 3PLs to ensure all orders are processed and shipped to both B2B and B2C customers on time per SLA's;
- Direct 3PLs on kitting projects: RFQ, work instructions, tracking components to receive, moving WIPs from components to finished goods in ERP;
- Ownership of North America inventory control: weekly reconciling inventory in warehouse and consignment locations to ensure accuracy of on-hand inventory in ERP;
- Manage import, export and foreign to foreign shipping and insure shipping compliance - customs, dangerous goods, etc.;
- Proactively manage the transportation network and continually strive to find new efficiencies creating a competitive advantage;
- Manage air and ocean freight forwarding, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions;
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve customer experience and drive logistical improvements in efficiency and performance.
- Work with Operations and I.T. to identify and implement process improvements to increase operational efficiency
- Verifies information and quantities on all documentation against the shipment or receipt, counts items for verification, and indicates any discrepancies.
- Negotiate contracts and ensure adherence to established SLA's for both freight forwarders and 3PLs;
- Develop and manage reverse logistics process and procedure;
- Other duties & projects as assigned.
Working hours: 8AM to 5PM
Skills & Requirements:
- BS in Supply Chain Management or equivalent;
- 5 years of direct experience proactively managing a global logistics network as well as order fulfillment operations;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and synthesize data to make recommendations Strong follow-through skills, acute attention to detail, and highly organized Self-starter with natural curiosity about business operations
- Proven experience developing highly effective cross-functional partnerships both internally and externally;
- Strong ethics, professionalism and a passion for logistics;
- Strong ability to multi-task, balance priorities and be flexible to changing needs;
- Experience with using Microsoft Dynamix AX or similar ERP tool (e.g., Oracle, SAP).
Think you're a great fit? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 925 847 9700.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.