Randstad Systems Administrator in Decatur, Illinois
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the daily ongoing support of computer hardware and Microsoft Office applications software on the Client networks. This primarily involves the handling of personal computers, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, handheld devices and associated end user equipment. Daily tasks include the compliance to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes, initial equipment set-up and installation, software and hardware troubleshooting, equipment inventory management, and user interfacing.
Main Accountabilities :
· Support the business on all client facing aspects of infrastructure including acquisition, configuration installation and/or relocations of desktops, laptops, printers, handhelds, security, LAN & wireless connectivity, etc.
· Participate in the development of client standards and technical configurations.
· Provide 2 nd line support role for incidents and service requests received from the Service Desk.
· Be available (on call) for off hours incidents / issues that might arise in the Infrastructure Operations area which are deemed critical to business integrity.
Skills and Knowledge Required :
- Must have in-depth knowledge e.g. of network elements (LANs, switching, routers, etc.) in addition to performing in the system administrator role
· Thorough understanding of computer hardware and operating systems, specifically HP desktops, laptops, printers and current Microsoft operating systems.
· Thorough understanding of thin client technology with emphasis on Citrix Metaframe.
· General understanding of local area networks, switches, routers, and infrastructure cabling.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Outlook.
· Familiarity or experience in working with various lab instrumentation software and hardware.
· Thorough understanding of all Client standard infrastructure equipment.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Basic understanding of server hardware, configuration, and trouble shooting.
· Basic understanding of print servers and their operation.
· Good understanding of mobility devices including Smartphones &Tablets.
· Ability to assume a project leadership role on small to medium size projects.
· Good interpersonal communications skills.