Randstad Purchasing Agent with Shipping Duties JOB in Daytona Beach, Florida
Purchasing Agent with Shipping Duties JOB
Daytona Beach, FL
US$ 34,000 - US$ 40,000 per year
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionPurchasing Coordinator Duties:
1) Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
2) Prepare purchase orders for goods and services.
3) Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history
4) Prepare tracking reports for Project Managers/Integration Managers with product lead times and/or tracking information.
5) Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
6) Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
7) Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
8) Expedite delivery of goods to users.
Shipping Coordinator Duties:
1) Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
2) Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
3) Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons identifying shipping information on cartons.
4) Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
5) Routes items to departments.
6) Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
7) Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
8) May receive damaged or defective goods returned and process that process/procedure.
Working hours: 8-5
1) SAGE or another eProcurement related software (PeopleSoft, QuickBooks, Oracle, SAP)
2) Basic office equipment: Computer, eFax, Scanner, Printer, Internet savvy (for shipping & pricing searches), multiline phone.
3) Detail oriented
4) MS Office, heavy on Excel & Outlook usage
5) Negotiation (FedEx pricing needs to be looked at & Janitorial is coming up for renewal/cancellation)
6) Time Management due to multiple projects going on as well as the day to day stuff that comes up.
7) Decision making/Judgement
8) Accounting background - to better understand SAGE (it's an Accounting software that Procurement was added as an afterthought)
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.