Randstad Buyer - South Chesterfield, VA in Colonial Heights, Virginia
Buyer - South Chesterfield, VA
Colonial Heights, VA
US$ 45,000 - US$ 55,000 per year
Friday, October 7, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionThe Buyer is responsible for negotiating and maintaining relationships with suppliers, purchasing project related components, aftermarket, MRO, and raw materials, through managing inventory stock levels and accurately maintaining ERP parameters related to purchasing within ERP to give the customer a clear expected delivery of product. This is a hands on role responsible for ensuring uninterrupted and timely support of product to Operations and our customers.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
To perform this job successfully, an individual must satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
1. Negotiate with suppliers regarding price, lead time, ordering quantities, shipping terms, and delivery
expectations to achieve ongoing cost containment and improvement.
2. Review and generate purchase orders, based upon replenishment parameters derived from MRP, minmax
parameters, and manual purchase order creation to meet expectations of stock availability and
orders shipped on time.
3. Maintain accuracy of purchase orders and part file pricing/ inventory within ERP to clearly communicate
part availability and costs.
4. Communicates defective or unacceptable product, services, equipment, and receipts with users,
suppliers, or receiving to determine sources of problem and resolve disputes in an expedited manner.
5. Resolve invoice and delivery discrepancies and maintain clear, timely communication to procurement customers
(assembly, fabrication, aftermarket) the progress of product deliveries.
6. Maintain accuracy of item parameters in ERP.
7. Find sources and negotiate pricing for new products and resource existing products when needed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of an Associate's degree (or equivalent) in buying, logistics, procurement, or related field and 3 years of experience in a purchasing/inventory management/supply chain environment. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
Proficient computer skills in MS Office programs and understanding of computer inventory applications
*Supply Chain certification is desired.
Can Contact Courtney McClees at Randstad at 804-732-0297 or email@example.com.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.