Randstad Medical Coder in Chattanooga, Tennessee
US$ 15 - US$ 18 per hour
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
A professional busy local medical office is in need of a medial coder to work full time, 8 to 5.
Pay is $15.00 to $18.00 an hour.
Working hours: 8-5
Oversees the operations of the billing department, encompassing medical
coding, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts
receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management.
2. Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all coding and billing
3. Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing
and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient
4. Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to
proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues.
5. Follow up on claims using various systems.
6. Maintains contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional
patient information to document and process billings.
7. Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports, weekly and monthly
financial reports, and insurance contracts in concert with the Practice
Administrator. Collects and compiles accurate statistical reports.
8. Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and
9. Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner
that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with
Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
10. Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and
11. Reviews and interprets operational data to assess need for procedural
revisions and enhancements; participates in the design and implementation of
specific systems to enhance revenue and operating efficiency.
12. Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts
receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and
13. Keep up to date with carrier rule changes and distribute the information
within the practice
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.