Randstad Quality Inspector in Chaska, Minnesota
US$ 15 - US$ 21 per hour
Friday, October 7, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
The Quality Inspector I performs basic audit, inspection, test, and measurement duties on standard products and processes to ensure conformance to requirements.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspection: Accurately inspects manufactured or other process output against documented company specifications per the Product Control Plan, inspection procedures and other site quality control documentation. Maintains awareness of customer complaints and internal rejections of the product being inspected. Follows all discrepant material control procedures. Notifies inspection supervisors and process owners of any detected discrepancies.
- Measurement Equipment: Maintains proper use and care of measurement equipment; ensures equipment calibration is current per the Calibration Schedule before use. Measures product with required equipment as defined on documentation. Problem solves equipment interface issues with statistical software program to allow data to be entered into appropriate files. Serves as the technical resource for manufacturing personnel performing self-inspection.
- Documentation: Maintains current and appropriate inspection documentation in product files. Documents all discrepancies between the product and the written specifications per procedures using SAP Quality Notifications (QNs). Communicates verbally to appropriate personnel of undocumented actions being applied to the manufactured product; follows up communication by initiating QN or deviation process.
- Statistical Process Control: Creates and updates statistical software files as needed for data in-put and analysts. Understands and applies statistical process control techniques, including basic chart interpretation and capability analysis. Performs other duties associated with SPC for the product, such as the notification of process owner of out-of-control conditions and verification of measurement results using the Out-of-Control Tracker work instructions.
Working hours: 8am-4pm
- High School Diploma or equivalent; technical training in blueprint reading
- 2-4 years experience as an inspector in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Able to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic production environment
- Proficient using MicroSoft Excel and SAP
- Skilled using a variety of measurement equipment including calipers, pin gage set, height gage, test indicator, micrometer, dial indicator, surface plate, optical comparator, smart scope, and coordinate measuring machine (CMM)
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.