Randstad Assistant Project Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Assistant Project Manager
US$ 40 per hour
Monday, October 17, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides support on a wide range of strategic design and construction projects. Works with Senior Project Manager to plan, schedule, coordinate and manage design and construction activates required to successfully deliver projects within overall budget and schedule requirements.
2. Establishes and creates project plans for the execution of assigned projects and strategic projects and communicates plans via e-Facilities system, email, and project meetings to stakeholders.
3. Attend design and construction meetings. Occasionally lead strategic project task specific planning and coordination meetings for AV, furniture, trade specific tasks, or FF&E.
4. Review and become knowledgeable of construction documents, including the review and evaluation of project submittals, shop drawings & RFI s (including signage).
5. Maintain current and accurate reporting documents including owner s project schedules, integration schedules, phasing plans, and owner s budget.
6. Maintain accurate financial reporting within project budget and historical cost databases, utilizing financial documentation provided by the Corporate Financial Services team members.
7. Provide support in Procurement administration functions including the creation of Scopes of Work (SOW s), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Purchase Requisitions, using appropriate coding as directed by Manager and Corporate Financial Service team members supporting CREFM.
8. Support strategic project team with document management utilizing the CREFM shared network drives.
9. Coordinate with external and interdepartmental partners, on the day-to-day coordination w/ Solution & Operations; FF&E, Moves, AV, etc. (readying space) for assigned projects. Includes site walks for the inspection and review of construction activities, completed work, and Punchlist.
10. Assist and facilitate Security admin functions (Badge request, Visitor Database submissions, officer requests, key assists, etc.).
Working hours: M- F 8:30am- 5pm
--Minimum of one year related experience in the broad spectrum of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management activities, design, engineering, and or construction management.
--Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience in architecture, engineering, or construction management.
--Basic knowledge of design and construction management practices.
--Ability to learn and read construction drawings and apply associated construction specifications.
--Excellent communication & presentation skills.
--Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
--Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
--Knowledge of computer software related to the field such as Computer Aided Drafting Design (CADD), and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM).
--Experience with FM specific applications (AutoCAD, etc) and/or aptitude for learning new applications.
--Good time management/organizational skills and ability to prioritize and self-motivate.
Hourly Pay Rate: $40
Schedule: Monday- Friday, core business hours are 8:30am- 5pm but are subject to change based on project needs
Contract assignment will be for duration of project ; 18 months
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.