Randstad Systems Operator in Bronx, New York
Monday, October 17, 2016
This position is responsible for the operation and monitoring of the company s internal networks, servers, email, and network security systems. This position maintains the computing environment by monitoring critical systems performance and providing back-end systems support in the use of Data Center technologies.
· Operates the Job Scheduling software to facilitate daily, weekly, and monthly batch processing. Effectively manage the starting, stopping, rescheduling, and configuration of jobs to meet critical deadlines.
· Operates the Core Systems efficiently to ensure production and delivery of regular reports. Includes operation of performance consoles, printers, tape drives and disk drives. Also provides operational support for the wide area and local area networks.
· Performs daily, weekly and emergency backup procedures and ensures their accuracy. Performs file application and system recovery when needed.
· Report daily activity status to Supervisor - Computer Operations and persons involved with any process implementation or testing.
Monitoring/Assessing System Performance
· Maintains system availability by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks, and operating systems.
· Secures system by monitoring system access; testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
· Monitor and check all data center hardware on a daily basis. Make sure all major printers are in Operational State .
· Assist in forecasting any needed improvements to current processes.
· Receives communication from vendors; responds as appropriate and/or refers to Manager or other area as needed.
· Analyzes and resolves hardware/software problems such as operational discrepancies, job aborts, and network issues. Refers problems to next line support personnel when best efforts cannot resolve.
· Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
· Follows policies for documenting incidents and problems.
· Maintains a variety of documentation, including operations procedures, daily logs, and error logs.
· Ensures adherence to policies and requirements relating to access of the Data Center. Receives requests from people who want to enter restricted areas and allows access as appropriate.
· Monitors supplies and equipment necessary to ensure continuous operations. Maintains the proper inventory level of computer supplies. This includes updating inventory control sheets, ordering supplies and getting emergency supplies from the production room.
· Protects organization s value by keeping information confidential.
· Demonstrates proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Applies these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
· Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree or Technical School Certificate in related field preferred.
· 3 years of previous experience providing back-end support and system operations.
· Advanced understanding of PC, LAN/WAN, and SAN concepts.
· Good understanding of the following:
o MS Office
o Virtual Environments
o Backup Software (such as vRanger, Arcserve, Brightstore)
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
· Good problem solving skills within a production environment.
· Commitment to the corporate mission, vision, and values.
· High level of integrity as demonstrated by 1) appropriate treatment of confidential information, 2) adherence to policies, procedures, rules and regulations, 3) professional conduct in dealing with persons internal and external to the organization and 4) sensitivity to target populations.
will be working second shift on batch processing.
Tidal scheduling experience/working knowledge
Data Center Windows/SQL/TCP-IP/VMware working environment
MOVEit - would be nice.
Team player able to work flexible schedule
Good Analytical Skills/problem solving skills
Network + training
Good understanding of MS Office
Backup Software (such as vRanger, Arcserve, Brightstore)
At least 3 years of previous experience providing back-end support and system operations