Randstad Sr. Data Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Sr. Data Analyst
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Sr. Data Analyst
The Reporting and Analysis team helps build tools that can be leveraged across Enterprise Cybersecurity ensure the quality and accuracy of our core data and develop analytics and metrics used to evaluate information security.
The Sr. Data/Business Analyst - Reporting captures business requirements in order to develop systems requirements and/or process solutions to address business needs. This person will create reports from source data, including requirements gathering, data identification and structure, extracting the data and creating the report. This role encapsulates all tasks needed to translate business requirements into a technical solution. You should be highly inquisitive and analytical with a strong business acumen coupled with the ability to extract meaningful information from the data. Must have the ability to develop relationships, communicate effectively and act as a change agent to drive improvement.
· Collaborate with business and technology partners to gather requirements for new reporting and enhancements to existing reports.
· Perform complex data analysis and reporting for effective business decisions
· Identify and develop and/or capture new metrics that provide more insight into the measurement of risk that help monitor and manage cybersecurity environment
· Creates detailed use cases, manages the process and logistical issues associated with team development of use case models, and translates use cases into detailed functional requirement
· Acts as the primary interface between business unit end users and systems development/applications and programming for all issues that may impact assigned project
· Work closely with team on data management, data warehouse and report development
· Identifies pain points and needs of users related to reporting/analytics.
· Develops insights from data that can be transformed into effective business intelligence solutions
· Drive change and assist in the development of highly effective dashboards/reports that provide meaningful business and operational insights, leveraging tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) and Tableau
Education and Experience
· Bachelor s degree required, Computer Science or related degree
· 5-7 years business and data analysis experience, previous System Analyst skills also preferred
· Knowledge of and experience with tools, techniques and processes for complex data gathering, analysis and reporting on data for large organizations
· Background in Financial Services industry or Cybersecurity
Skills and Knowledge
· Ability to analyze business systems and/or business processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address operation/process issues/improvements to accomplish business objectives
· Ability to identify data trends to help with future automation needs
· Strong analytical and research skills, problem analysis and resolution
· Experience in translating business requirements to technical resources in support of helping develop business solutions that reduce risk, maximize business efficiency, and minimize impact.
· Experience writing SQL queries and working with database query tools
· Demonstrated working knowledge of data and reporting tools (OBIEE, Tableau) is preferred.
· Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics tools, methods, and industry best practices desired.
· Experience with common software development life cycle practices (Agile/Waterfall/Lean)
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Possesses hands on experience in technology areas including data warehousing and data mining
· Perform analysis using SQL, screen mock ups, use cases and other relevant analysis tools
· Responsible for interacting with users throughout the development lifecycle, ensuring that the solution is on-track with expectations
· Strong judgment, problem solving, organizational and time management skills, interpersonal and project "ownership"
· Advance Microsoft suite experience, emphasis on Excel and Access
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Enjoy working with and manipulating raw data