Randstad Phlebotomist in Boston, Massachusetts
US$ 16 - US$ 19 per hour
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
Great opportunity at prestigious medical center in Boston, MA. 8 week assignment from start date t that has the probability of getting extended as well possibility of permanent hire. 2nd shift: 2:30pm-11:00pm, 40 hours per week including every 3rd weekend (Saturday and Sunday) Under general supervision, performs laboratory support functions including but not limited to pediatric and adult phlebotomy, specimen accessioning, specimen processing, and clerical functions. Under general supervision may also perform laboratory testing.
1. Check test requisitions for accuracy and completeness prior to blood drawing. Obtains blood samples from pediatric & adult patients by venipuncture following standard precautions.
2. Perform special procedures for collection of specimens from patients with physical and/or clinical obstructions such as heparin locks, etc. and/or patients of special precautions. Assists in preparing patients for testing
3. Enter patient demographic & insurance information in the system to obtain a billing account number & assign medical record numbers to new patients to the institution
4. Process specimens for laboratory testing, includes accessioning specimens in Cerner (LIS), labeling, & distribution of specimens to appropriate testing areas
5. Perform waived testing, records data from simple waived tests, loads & unloads test samples from automated testing equipment under general supervision
6. Record and interpret results
7. Perform all functions required for the laboratory to meet the standards specified by accrediting agencies with respect to written technical & administrative procedures and policies covering test methodologies, operation and maintenance of instruments & equipment, quality control of testing and reporting, specimen collection and handling, personnel policies, safety, and quality assurance
Working hours: 40
1. Level of knowledge generally obtained through completion of high school with two years of progressively responsible laboratory experience in an accredited clinical laboratory.
Certification in phlebotomy required
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
2.Must be able to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
3.Bilingual skills preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1.Regular exposure to body fluids and other infectious material, toxic and hazardous substances, and disagreeable odors.
2.Subject to the stress of working under time pressure to meet production schedules.
3.Work may cause visual fatigue due to close examination of large numbers of specimens or CRT use.
4.Patient contact, and the risk of puncture wounds with blood-contaminated needles when performing phlebotomy.
5.May participate in on-call responsibilities and rotating shifts.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.